RICHARDS MIDDLE SCHOOL PTA
Our goal is to help the faculty and administration provide a great education and experience for all students at Richards.
What We've Been Doing 21-22
Before school began, we hosted a welcome back breakfast for faculty and staff.
We set up a table during verification to recruit new members, sell spirit items, and talk with parents.
Members provided snacks and drinks to students during the tailgate at the first football game. We also sold hot dogs and spirit wear.
We purchased items for snack bags for faculty during a Staff Development Day.
Icey Girl was on campus twice for a fundraiser.
We filled the following faculty/staff requests:
crayons and colored pencils
200 earbuds for student use
chess boards for the Chess Club
provided funding for startup materials for the Guidance Office clothing bank including socks, underwear, hangers, and plastic bags
a class set of the book Animal Farm
7. Provided rewards for the AR program at the end of each 9 weeks.
8. Purchased 3 picnic tables for outdoor class time or lunches.
9. Treated teachers to a variety of goodies and gift cards during a Luau Teacher Appreciation Week.
10 Parents donated lots of coffee and tea for use in the Teacher's Lounge.
11. We treated teachers to a variety of PIES for Pi Day.
12. Offered shirt design and online ordering for clubs.
13. Parents sponsored components for DIY Classroom Air Purifiers and parents, students, and teachers built them together after school.
14. We strongly advocated for a smoother, more complete online registration and parent packet process.
15. We catered a yummy breakfast buffet during post-planning.
16. We had a holiday lunch catered by Moe's with fabulous homemade desserts from parents.
How We Raise Funds
The above purchases have been paid for using the remaining balance in our account, the sale of spirit items and other fundraisers throughout the year. Our PTA aims to continue supporting Richards, and we need your help!
Throughout the year, we need volunteers to help with hospitality events, school dances, selling and sorting spirit items, volunteering at the Sara Spano PTA Clothing Bank, and more!
How You Can Help
WE CAN'T DO IT WITHOUT YOU!
Your involvement enhances your student's experience at Richards and allows us to continue to make a positive impact on the school, its faculty and staff, and its students.
If you have any questions or are interested in learning about leadership positions, please contact us at the emails on the right! We're looking forward to a great 2022-2023 school year!