ONLINE SPIRIT STORE
ABOUT RICHARDS MIDDLE SCHOOL
Richards, named for Walter Alan Richards, who served as President of the Muscogee County Board of Education from 1950 until he died in 1961, opened its doors on September 5th of the same year. Steeped in tradition and with a reputation of high academics, Richards became an International Baccalaureate (IB) magnet in 2001. Drawing students, with diverse backgrounds, from across the district and strengthening its name in academic competitions, Richards has empowered students to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
Walter Alan Richards’ initials were the impetus for the spirited mascot naming at Richards Middle School, the ‘WARriors!’